Monday 1 February 2016

January 2016 Beauty Favourites





Well it is that time of the month...errrr I mean, time to talk about our favourite products for the month of January! And today I would like to share with you a few of my favourite products that I have been loving. Lets get into it shall we?

First up lets talk foundations. I have been loving the MAC Prolongwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation in NW25. A great long wearing foundation with great coverage. Smooths nicely onto the skin and blends well. Stands up well to heat and humidity and definitely seems to be waterproof - it has been like 40°C for 2 weeks straight here in Adelaide so the foundation has certainly been put to the test! 

Another foundation I have been enjoying is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. I use this one for everyday wear, going to work or just running errands. This is great for when you want a lighter coverage, however it can be built up for a fuller coverage if desired.



Next up lets talk concealers. Like almost every other beauty guru, blogger, vlogger, youtuber, instagrammer etc. I have been obsessed with the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. Such a great concealer, I would have to say my all time favourite. Great for blemishes and using under the eyes to brighten and conceal dark circles. I use the shade vanilla. Love the doe foot applicator too, makes for a nice clean application. I need to get to a Nars counter pronto to pick up some more!

A close second is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I wouldn't say this is a dupe for Nars other than the packaging looking similar, but still a nice concealer nonetheless. I use this one pretty much every day when I am going to work or just running out the door. I has a light more fluid consistency than Nars and needs to be layered to build up a good coverage, but still great for everyday. And as you can see, I need to get some more of this too!



The powders I have been loving this month are the Australis Fresh and Flawless Press Powders and the Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Pressed Powder. The Australis ones are oldies but goodies. They have been around for ages and they are awesome. They are so smooth and silky to apply and give a full coverage without looking chalky. I have the shades Darkest Brown and Medium Tan. I believe they have just released a whole new bunch of shades too! 

The Kat Von D powder is a gorgeous product. A great full coverage powder that mattify and helps foundation to stay all day. It is very smooth and makes the skin look flawless. They have an awesome shade range to choose from I have the shade Light 45


My selection of bronzer for this month was tricky, but I went with the Chanel Soilel Tan De Chanel. It is a beautiful cream product which blends nicely into the skin to give a lovely natural sun kissed look. Use a synthetic brush to buff into the cheeks and into the hairline for a natural glow. I use this to put colour back into my face, not necessarily to contour with. Maybe not great if you are really fair as it may be too orange, but great on my skin when I want some colour


Ahhhh time for blush...my favourite product. This month, without a doubt, my favourite blush is MAC Melba. This is a matte blush with no shimmer. A gorgeous peachy coral colour that looks great on all skin tones. If you are fair, apply lightly to the apples of the cheeks, would also look great on darker skins. Love it!

The Too Faced Heart Blush is another one I have been enjoying lately. I don't often reach for this product (I think I originally bought it for the packaging...don't judge!) but it is actually a really nice product. I use this more of a highlight and tend to layer it over the top of another blush to give a lovely sheen. This is a very shimmery product!

As a separete highlight I have been reaching for the Stila Kitten highlighter duo. Such a cute little compact which contains 2 highlighting shades, one is slightly more pink for fairer skins and one is more bronze for darker more tan skins. Both are stunning!


Model Co Lash and Line is hands down my favourite mascara. I would come close to saying my favourite mascara of all time, and i have used A LOT of mascaras! This one makes my lashes so long and wispy without going clumpy or crispy. It lasts all day without smudging and is nice and easy to remove at the end of the day.


Finally, nail polish. Essie is winning in the nail polish department for me. Such a huge range of colours to choose from with such cute names! I love the constancy, it is nice and thin which makes it easy to apply several coats without getting gluggy and applying too thick to the nails. I think the staying power is pretty good, my nail polish lasting a good week before starting to look worn. I have been loving the shades Muchi Muchi and Tart Deco.


We have come to the end of my January favourites. Please give some of these products a try and let me kwow if you love them as much as I do! Check out my youtube channel for a full run down on these products

Love Kerin
x










1 comment:

  1. Her MakeUp Weapons includes a range of 14 multi-functional and makeup artist quality brushes, diamante-encrusted lash curler, brush cleansing bar and bio glitters have also been given the tick of approval from Four Paws Australia, accepting the brand into the International Fur Free Retailer Program.
    Cosmetic Brushes Kit Brisbane

    ReplyDelete