Friday 28 November 2014

Favourite (drugstore) Products of the Month - November!

I can't believe that it is the end of November already! It is also exciting because it means Christmas is just around the corner - my favourite time of the year!

Ok, lets get into the post. Here are my favourite products from the drugstore for the month of November!

Enjoy!


I have small lips so I don’t tend to wear lipstick very often because I don’t think it suits me, but occasionally I like to add some colour to my lips rather than just wear a gloss. I have really been enjoying the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks. They have a glossy finish and feel really comfortable on the lips. They are nice and sheer and great if you are wanting a subtle wash of colour. I have been loving the shades 840 Honey Bare and 820 Pink Cognito






Another lip product which I have been liking this month is the Rimmel London Provocalips 16 Hour Kiss Proof Lip Colour. I have the shade Skinny Dipping. This is more pigmented and long wearing than the Revlon lipsticks. The idea is to apply the lip colour side of the applicator first, this sets to a matte finish, then apply the gloss/balm side of the wand. You could easily wear the colour on its own as a matte lipstick if you prefer. These are definitely kiss proof - yes, I have put it too the test :) The gloss does needs to be touched up throughout the day, but the colour is definitely long lasting, however I’m not sure if it would last 16 hours. I found it started to go a bit scummy on my lips after about 8 hours. My lips are generally pretty dry so that may have been a contributing factor




I am always on the hunt for foundations. They are probably my favourite makeup products to buy as I am all about a perfect base. I have recently discovered the Innoxa Renew Age Erase Serum Foundation. I have the shade Sand Beige which is a pretty good match for NW25 skin tone. What I really like about this foundation is that it is a serum foundation. I find it blends really well and feels nice and light on the skin. It is a medium coverage and sets to a matte finish which is great for my oily skin. I find this to be a great foundation for everyday use


I have been going through a battle with my eyebrows lately. Some day I love them, other days I hate them. On the days that I love them, I have used the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara. At first I wasn’t sure how I felt about this product. I used it a couple of times and found the formula to be quite wet and would smudge easily. I also found the applicator a bit strange. But I persisted with it and now I love it. I have the shade Dark Brown which is a great match for my hair colour. I usually fill in my brows slightly with either a pencil or a powder then brush the brow gel through my brows to make the hairs stand out and give the illusion of more brow hairs.



Another of my favourite products to shop for is mascara. I find drug store mascaras to be a bit hit and miss so once I find one I like I tend to stick to it. My current favourite is the Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express Cat Eyes mascara in the colour Glam Black. I really like the wand and how it is slightly curved so you can get right into the base of the lashes. I am not a fan of really big mascara wands because I find they can’t get all the lashes, but this smaller, curved wand is perfect for getting all lashes on both top and bottom. I really like the formula as its not too wet and not too dry and I find that it doesn't flake or smudge. It is a great volumizing mascara which adds length and drama to the lashes 





Sticking with the Maybelline trend, another favourite product this month has been the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadows. I have been loving the shade Bad To The Bronze. This is a good dupe for Mac Paintpot in Constructivist but I find Constructivist to be slightly warmer. I like to wear these products on their own or as a base under eyeshadows. These are certainly long wearing but I do find they crease on my oily eyelids if I don’t wear a primer. I recommend the Australis eyeshadow primer :)



Finally, I have been loving the Models Prefer Colour Infusion Lip & Cheek Gel Tint in the shade Rouge Glow. I love blush, I think it completes a make up look and I really love to use a cheek stain/tint to get a really natural non-cakey finish. This is a gel formula which is really light and easy to blend into the skin. This can be applied with fingers, but I have found the best way to apply it is to dab it onto the cheeks with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. It can be used either before or after foundation for a beautiful flushed, rosy cheek look. It also doubles as a lip stain which is a bonus :) 







What products have you been enjoying this month?


Love Kerin
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment