Saturday 1 November 2014

Top 6 Bronzers


The weather is beautiful in my part of Australia right now so I thought it would be the perfect time to share with you my top 6 favourite bronzers (it was originally going to be my top 5, but there were 2 I couldn’t choose between so now its top 6) I must apologise because most of these are high end bronzers, but fear not, I do intend on doing a post on my favourite drugstore bronzers too. So without further a do, I present to you, my top 6 bronzers for summer!

Nars Laguna
The Body Shop Honey Bronzer
The Balm Betty Lou Manizer 
Nyx Matte Bronzer
Innoxa BB Powder Bronzer
Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel





Nars Laguna
This is a great bronzer which can be used to give the face an all over glow or also to contour. It is not matte, but it by no means shimmery. I would call it a satin finish. The colour is great, not too orange and not too dark. It can be used lightly for a subtle colour or you can build it up for a stronger contour or to bring warmth to the face

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer
This bronzer is one of the lighter bronzers I own. I love the packaging and the honeycomb pattern printed on the surface of the powder. This bronzer would be great for fairer skinned ladies. It does come in 3 shades, this is the darkest one. It looks great as a contour and also as an all over bronzer. It doesn’t come out too strong which makes it perfect if you have a lighter skin and are wanting a subtle bronzy look

The Balm Betty Lou Manizer
Once again, I love the packaging. This is a very shimmery, glowy bronzer. I only use this lightly dusted over the high points of my face when I want a really glowy, bronzed look. A little goes a long way with this one! Oily skinned girls such as myself might shy away from shimmery bronzers such as this one as they can enhance the appearance of pore and make the skin look oilier than it actually is, however if you use a light hand and only apply to the areas of the face you wish to highlight then you can definitely use this product. Shimmery bronzers can tend to look muddy or dirty if not buffed into the skin enough so be sure to blend, blend, blend!

Nyx Matte Bronzer
This bronzer is actually quite affordable. I will probably include this in my favourite drugstore bronzers also. This bronzer is great for conturing. I also use it all over to add some warmth to my face. I have the shade 05 Deep Tan which is fine for my skin tone in summer. I really like the colour, its not orange and looks quite natural. This bronzers comes in a variety of different shades and finishes to suit all different skin types

Innoxa BB Powder Bronzer
This is an Australian brand who is fairly new to me. I have only used their skincare products before but never their makeup. I am quite impressed with this bronzer. It is very soft and smooth and glides nicely onto the skin. It initially appears quite powdery in the compact but actually feels nice and light and not powdery once applied. Again, a great colour which blends nicely to warm up the face or can also be used to contour

Chanel Soilel Tan De Chanel
This is the most expensive bronzer I own, however it has lasted me ages! This is a cream product which sets matte. Oily skins may not like the idea of a cream bronzer, however this has more of a dry, mousse-y texture and feels quite spongy in the container. The product does not feel wet or sticky when applied to the face and blends nicely. I like to apply this with a synthetic brush after foundation but before powder. The colour looks nice and natural when buffed into the skin.

So that is my top 6 bronzers for summer! What are some of your favourite bronzers?

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

Love Kerin
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment